5.03.2008

Five Hundred Thousand Centimeters

This morning I ran in the first 5k of my life. The last time I ran was probably six months ago, well before the first snow. That was probably two miles. Three miles and some change is really not that far, nor is my 23:39 something to write home about, but the experience was quite freeing. There is something about running towards a finish line. I get the same feeling climbing Colorado's 14ers (2 down, many to go). When I push myself physically, I am forced to pray and I am able to focus on conquering struggles and achieving personal goals, which I did in part today. Believe it or not, that is partly why I did not train for today's race. I wanted it to be a little harder.

I should probably run more. Yes, because I am way out of shape. Even more, God likes the opportunity to push me up those mountains and speed me up at the end of those races. If it doesn't hurt, it is not worth it. I think I have a newfound desire to run a marathon someday. I'm probably crazy. And yes, I will train for that one.

My bride, take heart, I still have no desire for Everest.

No comments: