9.04.2005

Freedom.

The day of labor brings a lack thereof. Why is that? We don't burn flags on Flag Day. We don't boycott gratitude on Thanksgiving. We don't cut down trees on Arbor Day. We don't even celebrate our hatred for love on Valentines Day. Ok, so that's not totally true for everyone. Lest you think I am crazy, I am far from complaining. Labor Day is a great holiday. The working man needs a day to sit back and say "Yeah, I'm pretty sweet."

Labor Day is the third indication of summer's end (1 - End of July, 2 - Start of school), even though there is officially 2-3 weeks of summer left. By the time the Autumnal Equinox actually rolls around, nobody even cares anymore because they already feel like summer ended a bunch of times. I don't know. I guess I feel like I never even had a summer. The increase in heat just made work more miserable anyway.

Cooler air and earthtones. No more white shoes, ladies. It's finally arrived.

I find freedom in this much needed 3-day weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris Cortez is okay
A couple of Chris' friends have emailed me to ask about him. He and Melody rode out the storm at their house in Slidell which apparently didn't sustain too much damage.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my mlm leads related site. Maybe we could help you with a mlm leads solution.

England said...

Leave me alone! I hate you all.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Greg. Don't you hate cyber nerds? You'll probably have to disable Anonymous posting to get rid of them. As an anonymous poster myself, this is hard for me to say. I do enjoy the anonymity of being anonymous, and it is quite a word to type too! Anyways, I'm with you on Labor Day...it is sweet. See you in Michigan.

The Anonymous Josh Fisher