8.31.2005

I'm losing money!

It is true. It has happened. In the course of a day, the price of regular unleaded gasoline has risen a whole dollar to $3.49 9/10. In fact, a year ago I think it was a mere $1.49 (Correct me if I am wrong). This does not affect me and my Civic as much as it does others. It cost me about 17-18 dollars to fill up last year. Now it costs me around 36-37 dollars. I guess when you look at it that way it is pretty bad. Every 10 cent jump adds about a dollar to my tab. I'll never own a pick-up.

I guess it doesn't help that Michigan gets most of its oil from the New Orleans area. Or that's what they're saying anyway. Either way, Katrina sucks - which brings me to the point of my post. Truth be told, I would rather pay $5.00/gallon for the rest of my life than go through what those people are going through down there. If you haven't sat down and watched CNN for a half hour.. do it. Shame on self-pity. I'm sure anyone in NO or the surrounding areas would pay an extra $20 a week (even $100 for you truck drivers) if it meant they could have everything back. Peace be upon them.

1 comment:

Philip, April, and Malachi said...

try over $80 to fill my truck... yikes... but you have a valid point. I'm thankful I live in good old PA.

if it wasn't for the army, I would continue to let my hair grow, but I have to cut it next week... sorry guys. maybe in two years when I get out I'll let it grow.