11.10.2005

Another Man's Treasure...

I could not figure out how to move the dumb thing. I thought I would need an enclosed truck with a lift, 6 guys, and a prayer. I was getting worried. Finally, with one day to spare, I brought it home. Three guys, one dolly, and little Chevy S-10. I guess it was for a good cause. After all, it's not just a normal thrift store. Their name reads "Bibles for Mexico Thrift Center." Can I spend money there and count it towards my tithe? Doubtfully. I guess it's a matter of the heart. Anyway- yesterday I brought home my very first piano. It is an antique upright-- you know, the tall, top-heavy kind that make small trucks sway heavily at 40 MPH. It even has the little window that slides open so you can better hear the masterful melodies pouring out from the wonderfully tuned strings. So it's a little out of tune. It might even be a lot out of tune. Look, the beast obviously needs a little TLC... seeing as though I paid a mere $30. I'm going to fix her up and make her beautiful. Love makes things beautiful. That either means I love my piano, or I am in essence "Love". I feel I have reached a new low. I guess I'm trying to say that it's true. One man's trash truly is another man's treasure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg- remember when you lived in OH? That was fun. You should do it again sometime. Matt and I need more friends around. Ummm....it makes me happy that you have a xanga. :)
Kelly

Erica said...

How did Phil's wedding go? I would love to see some pictures.

Erica

Anonymous said...

Greg,

Aww man! I have an old piano like you are describing (ivory keys and all baby) in my basement that I'm trying to get rid of, I woulda given it to you for free.

Dave Black still thinks I should set it on fire and get some pictures of him playing it while it's burning or something. That kid is totally insane.

-J Tubbs

England said...

Thanks Tubbs, but that alright man... I would rather pay $30 than even think about moving a piano from there to here. What a headache.