11.02.2005

Deciduousless Pity...


Oh yes I did. I declared a pity party for those who live in states with a lack of deciduous trees. Big deal you say. Yes it is a big deal. In fact, I don't even know how we breathe up here in the winter. The photosynthesis process is on hiatus, so where do we get our oxygen? Maybe that's why I like October so much. I get a little high from the lack of oxygen. Wow, that was not where I was going with this. I pity you all because you cannot enjoy the vast colors a sugar maple can produce. You don't get to see the rainbows of leaves displayed as trees enter their state of dormancy. The dead brown branches on your evergreens don't count so don't try. But I don't know how you can even call Fall "Fall" with out corn mazes, pumpkins, and leaf-covered lawns. Ok, so maybe you have pumpkins but you get the point. Fabulous time of year in these parts.

3 comments:

Ang said...

yes, this fall has been beautiful...the older i get, the more i appreciate it too.
i am still dreading the long, cold, gray, dark winter that is coming though.
January through March, we are the ones to be pitied.

Erica said...

But we have mountains that never wilt and die.

England said...

True, I favor CO as well. But I would rather be in MI in October.