11.24.2005

They say you can't buy love...

Saw the motion picture Rent last night. It reminded me of a lot of things. Go ahead and throw your festive ribbons and pilgrim hats because believe it or not, it made me thankful. It made me thankful for love and for the great friends I have. It made me thankful that I am straight. Very thankful. It made me thankful that I have a decent job and a roof to cover my head. It made me thankful for simple things. But I think most of all it made me thankful for great music and for the appreciation I have for it. If you can look past a little perversion, go see the movie or at least "rent" the soundtrack from the library. If you are one of those people who feel they need to separate themselves from everything worldly, more power to you-- but you are missing out. I personally find it hard to reach a world I am not in, or at least do not have a taste of. I like to see the good in things. And the music is definitely good. Go take my twisted philosophies, have yourself a beer, and think it over. Happy Thanksgiving too. I'm going to go brave the snowstorm to see a friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come see us whenever you're in OH! Are you going to go to Kari's wedding?

Unknown said...

remember when i tried to convince you and murph that rent was good music....and i played something totally dumb for you?